Monday, October 1, 2012

Honey Maple Granola

I'm a granola junkie, seriously, I have a problem. I love making my own and when I found this recipe, it was too good not to share. It's from Melissa d'Arabian's Ten Dollar Dinners Cookbook.



Here's what you need:

2 cups of rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
1/2 cup crisped rice cereal
1/4 cup wheat germ or flax seed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons maple syrup (the good stuff people, not Aunt Jemima)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

What to do:

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
Stir the oats, pecans, rice cereal, wheat germ/flax, cinnamon, ginger and salt together in a bowl
Whisk together the vegetable oil, honey, maple syrup and vanilla extract together
Pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and spread onto a cookie sheet
Bake until crisp, around 30-35 minutes, but stir every 10 minutes
Cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container (can be stored 1 week)

This is so good, I mean SO good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails