Sunday, April 7, 2013

COMM Day

I put another event in the books on Friday, COMM Day. This event is a day of professional development for our graduating seniors. We had résumé/portfolio reviews in the morning where the students were able to meet with some of the top people in their respected field. Having someone like that look over your résumé before you even go out into the world is such a great asset. Here's me, Jamal and Leann with one of our reviewers:



In the afternoon we had awards for our graduating and outstanding students, a keynote from Julie of Peanut Butter Fingers (run over to that blog, she has so many amazing posts on there!), breakout sessions and the highlight of my day, a presentation by one of our students, Kyle Coon. Kyle is a blind mountaineer and discussed his journey to Uhuru (the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro). I still get chills just thinking about his story.

As with any event, I have to give a huge shout out to my team. Chelsie and Leann are my right and left hands during these events. Check them out with our newest team member, Beyoncé:


No, they did not plan to wear that similar of an outfit, but yes, we all planned to wear black and gold. 

I was pretty convinced that the downpour after we arrived would slow everyone down, but thankfully, it didn't. We were still ready for them and maybe just a touch excited (*ahem, Chelsie). 


All in all it was a great event, but yes, I'm thankful it's over. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails