Thursday, May 2, 2013

Iron Man 3 Review

securedownload-2

I will start this post with an admission. The only Marvel movie I have ever watched, prior to this review, was The Avengers. All of my super hero knowledge comes from a combination of that movie and the Super Hero Squad cartoon.

Scott and I were able to go and check out an advanced screening of Iron Man 3 on Monday and let me tell you, it was awesome. I'm a huge Robert Downey Jr. fan and I love his as Tony Stark. I think he is just truly fantastic and made for the role. After seeing the previews, I knew I was going to love this movie.

Marvel’s Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

 

The film is rated PG-13 and I truly think that is a fair rating. It is pretty intense at times, so I would hold off taking your younger kids to see it until you've had a chance to watch it first.
The special effects were pretty amazing throughout the film, but they were not overly done. There is nothing I dislike more than a film that is strictly about the effects and loses you with the story. This film had a great balance.

 Are you going to see Iron Man 3 over the weekend? I'd love to hear what you think of the film!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails