Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Doing the Heeby-Jeeby

Now that my injury from the airplane mishap has healed, I'm back to my normal three weekly runs. My friend Michelle and I have tried to meet up at least once a week to run in our favorite spot. Not only do I love the time that we have together and the spot that we run in, but I also love the people we meet on our runs. No, really, we meet the craziest people.

Normally, we just run into some evil squirrels and dive bombing birds, but as of late, we are running into (well, not literally) some characters. So far we have met:

  • An elderly man on a bike that called us 'women' as he went past. 
  • A man with a dreadlock beard, a long one at that.
I'm sure there are others, but today we met, hands down, the best person ever. As we were running a woman was walking towards us and told us not to go all the way to the end of the path. Michelle and I figured it was because it had just rained and the path was muddy. We thanked her and kept going until she yelled, "Yeah, I think they are getting ready to do the heeby-jeeby." Our eyes were as big as saucers and we thought about running up to the car, tapping the glass and yelling "Hey!" 

There were so many things that were amazing about this moment. The fact that the woman was close enough to the car to see that they were about to "do the heeby-jeeby" is alone totally epic. Then to call it the "heeby-jeeby" takes it to the next level. We laughed for a good half a mile or so. 

I cannot wait to see who we meet on our next run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. I don't know how you could possibly focus on running after that!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails