Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Love of the Cement Pond

One of the many perks to living in Florida is that we spend a lot of time near or in water. Now, this water can be a lake, an ocean, a river, a spring or my personal favorite, a pool where you can see the bottom and there are no creatures swimming with you.

Don't get me wrong, I love going to the beach and I love sitting lakeside, I just do not go in any farther than ankle deep. There are gators in the lakes, snakes and fish. And the ocean? Please! There are sharks, dumb boaters, rip currents and fish, lots and lots of fish. Yes, I do not like fish, unless of course they are on my plate.

My children, on the other hand, did not inherit my dislike of the water. They will dive in toes first to pretty much any body of water. The further out they can go, the happier they are. Our big compromise is the pool. I will definitely jump in the pool with them on a hot summer day. Now by jump, I naturally mean walk in slowly, grab a noodle and float around. I'm not 10, I do not jump in anymore.

We spent most of the afternoon lounging in the cement pond and boy was it perfect. We haven't been able to swim the past couple of weekends because every time we would head out the door a storm would approach. Thankfully, the weather cooperated and we were able to splash around for several hours.

Thank you again Mimi and PawPaw for letting us swim!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails