Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Staples Back to School Review

School starts for us next month and I am up to my eyeballs in back to school lists, times two. Staples is basically the best one stop shop for all of your back to school needs.

I cannot even tell you how many hours I spent on the Staples website looking over everything we would need for back to school. I finally decided on the Toshiba L875D-S7332 17.3 inch laptop to review. Scott and I have a Mac, which is great, but when the kids are in school they will be operating on Windows based PC's. I thought it was about time get a Windows based PC for the kids to be able to use while they are in school. Seriously, who ever thought you would need a laptop for a kindergartner?




Before the Mac, Scott had a Toshiba laptop and he loved it, so I knew before we even received it that we were getting a quality product. The screen on this laptop is huge and the keyboard has the separate number keypad, which I love. The Toshiba is also energy efficient (LOVE!), has an HD display and a dual core processor (not that I know what that means, but I'm guessing it's a good thing). 

What else do I like about this computer? For one thing, it automatically syncs to my Hotmail account. How great is that?! Plus, the home screen has a bunch of different apps, very much like a smartphone. Yup, that's Netflix on there and the latest headlines. Amazing, right?


Now I said this computer is for the kids, but maybe, just maybe it is also for me to play Candy Crush. Seriously, who doesn't want to play Candy Crush in HD?


The computer is fantastic and lightweight. For as big as the screen is, I expected more weight to it, but was pleasantly surprised.. I think the larger screen and bigger keys will be beneficial for the kids who are still learning about computers.
 
All in all I'm really pleased with this laptop. Knowing how long our last Toshiba lasted, I know we will have this one for a while and it will be able to hold up against the kids.

The entire Staples process was actually pretty fantastic. This is the first time I have ever had something shipped from Staples, normally I shop in store, but I have to say, it was so easy.  When you order something like a laptop, if you're anything like me, you get nervous about delivery. Staples made it seamless and easy to track. Plus, the box had some extra padding in it to make sure the laptop wasn't knocked around in transit. Little details like that make a big difference!

Thank you, Staples, for letting me check out this Toshiba laptop!

Disclosure: I received a Toshiba L875D-S7332 to review from Staples. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and were in no way influenced.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails