Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Santa's in IRELAND! AKA Our Christmas Shenanigan's

Well, another Christmas in the books. I have to be honest, I think I get more excited every year because of how excited my kiddos get. I feel like I'm 5 again and maybe I act like I'm 5 again (see picture).

We went to Children's Mass last night and it was wonderful. Father Dave brought all of the kiddos to the altar to read the Christmas Gospel and all of the kiddos participated in the homily. By all kids, I mean all kids except mine because they decide to be shy at moments like that.

After mass we went to Mimi and PawPaw's for snacks and then it was home for our one present. Every Christmas Eve we get to open one present: new jammies for Christmas morning. Apparently, Mommy did a fantastic job this year, because both of them could not wait to get into them.

Then it was quick to bed. Aaron was freaking out because he thought Santa was going to get there before they were in bed and he would skip over our house. He kept yelling, "Santa's in IRELAND! We need to hurry!"

Jillian was up at 3:37 a.m. to inform me that Santa left presents, but she didn't peek, but they were there. I politely told her to shut her eyes and go back to sleep.
We all woke up around 6 and the kiddos pretty much lost their minds when they saw their new bikes in front of the tree. Then they saw all the other presents and they couldn't open them fast enough.

Aaron's favorite present was his new football and Jillian was excited about her Sofia the First amulet.
And, really, what kind of holiday would it be without silly cards from Tay Tay? Those were my favorite.

Scott worked today, so the kiddos and I just hung out for the most part. By hanging out, I naturally mean, I opened every single gift and assembled everything that was not a Lego, that's Daddy's job. I did build a mean Lincoln Logs farm though. Boom.

All in all this was a fantastic Christmas spent with the ones we love. I am so thankful for all that we have and everyone that spoils those two cuties. From my family to yours, Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails