Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Coming in with a Bang...Literally.


New Year's Day came in with a bang, quite literally. Apparently a transformer or something blew in front of our neighborhood and the pole caught fire. Now that I have power I can say it was funny.

When my jeans were in the washer, it was not. When the power came back on for like 30 minutes and then was out again when I had to dry my hair, it was not funny.

Thankfully, we were having lunch with Mimi and PawPaw, who had power, so I was able to dry both my hair and jeans at their house.

It took a while for the power to finally turn back on and believe me, I'm thankful we didn't have to sit home waiting for it. I'm also thankful it was a colder day and not August. I think I would have died.
After lunch, we finally went to see Frozen. Major kudos to my hubby for a) skipping the bowl games and b) seeing this movie on like 4 hours of sleep. It was a great family date!

The movie was packed to the point that the manager came in during previews, paused them and asked everyone to move over. Apparently everyone has the same idea on New Year's Day.

Aside from the way the day started, I have to say the new year is starting out pretty amazing. I cannot wait to see what 2014 has in store for us.

Wishing all of you the very best in this new year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails