Saturday, January 18, 2014

Dick Batchelor's Run for Children

Michelle and I braved the cold this morning to run the Dick Batchelor's Run for Children 5K at Universal Orlando.

There were not a lot of runners this morning, but there were firefighters from Orange County that ran in full bunker gear. You guys and gals rock!

The course went through City Walk, Islands of Adventure and the original Universal. I will admit, I have not been to Universal since they were building Islands of Adventure, so I spent the majority of the time trying to take everything in.


The other cool thing about this race is that we officially have run through all three theme parks in Central Florida. The only park that I have not had my Brooks stride across is Animal Kingdom. I plan on fixing that soon.

Anyway, back to the race. Michelle and I finished in 41:49, which was pretty decent. After the race we took our time leaving and ran in to Shrek and Fiona.

I almost died. I'm pretty sure I skipped over to have my picture taken.

Okay, but here's where it gets awkward. Shrek clearly has minimal control over his hands and definitely hit my in my chest.

Of course I had to text both Amy and Tay Tay to tell them. Amy is convinced mascots are drawn to me in some sick way and Tay Tay was just shocked that Shrek could find my chest. Sisterly love, it's a beautiful thing.

After the Shrek incident, Michelle mentioned that she wanted a photo of us surfing.

Thankfully, two nice young men dressed as Captain America and Wolverine volunteered to take our photo.

I'm not going to lie, that photo is pretty amazing.

I am so glad Michelle and I were able to hit this milestone together!

My next race is with Scott. This will be his first race and I cannot wait to see him cross the finish!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails