Saturday, February 15, 2014

Prettyful Princess

One week from today it will be princess weekend. At this time next week I will already have one medal around my neck and will be anxiously awaiting the other two. Whoa...I think my stomach just did a flip.

Aren't they prettyful?!

This upcoming race weekend definitely snuck up on all four of us, but I'm excited to face the challenge. 

19.3 miles, or as Michelle and I refer to it, "6.2 and 13.1." This will be my fourth princess half marathon and I am well aware of where I will hit my mental roadblocks. The biggest one for me is after the castle. You are on such a high going through the castle and then you run on the backroads for what seems like an eternity.

Then the real roadblock hits. Mile 10. You can literally see the finish line and you still have 3.1 to go. So close.

I have to give a big shout out to all of my supporters for this race. Y'all have been great and I am so thankful for all your kind words, encouraging words and for making sure I'm drinking enough water and eating enough carbs (Amy!).

Be sure to check back next week for my post race posts!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails