Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! We started our Easter celebration last night at Easter vigil. There is something so wonderful about sitting in complete darkness and then slowly lighting the way. Well, it's wonderful until your daughter jerks the candle and hot wax hits your hand. I digress...

 Easter morning started  bright and early with the kiddos. I'll give you one guess on which one was up first.

Thankfully, Jill waited until sometime after 6 to wake us up. The Easter bunny did a pretty decent job considering that maybe the bunny put off purchasing said gifts until, I don't know, yesterday.

I'm just glad the kiddos are not huge candy fans, so I...errrrr..the bunny could stuff their baskets with Z bars and gummy bunnies.

After the bunny baskets, we made our traditional Easter breakfast, Resurrection Rolls.

We do this every year to tie in the story of Easter.
We take mini marshmallows (Jesus), dip them in melted butter (the oil), roll them in cinnamon and sugar (the spices) and roll them into a crescent roll (the tomb).  After they are done baking, you open them and the marshmallow is gone. It's a great visual for the kids.

After hanging out, we headed over to Mimi and PawPaw's for a late lunch. I'm pretty sure I ate close to my body weight in ham.

Thankfully, I saved room for the yummy dessert I made. Okay, I cheated and used boxed cake mix and frosting, but they were pretty adorable.

All in all, it was a pretty great and relaxing Easter Sunday. I hope your day was just as wonderful and relaxing!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails