Sunday, April 6, 2014

What My Family Ate For Dinner - Week 5

We finally got back on track this week (kind of). It was great being away and enjoying all the yummy Southern food, but your waistline can only handle so much of that, right? Here's what we ate this week...

Sunday, March 30: We met up with my niece Lorren and her boyfriend (referred to as "the boyfriend" by the kids). We had a late lunch, so it was just snacks that night.

Monday, March 31 AND Tuesday, April, 1: Meatball Stroganoff with roasted asparagus. I love this recipe, but it makes SO much! We enough for lunch and dinner on Tuesday.

Wednesday, April 2: I found this yummy Pork Stew recipe and it's so simple! Plus, you can customize it to your own tastes.

Aaron had THREE helpings of this and ate every veggie I put in it (mushrooms, carrots, celery, red potatoes, tomatoes and onion).

All you have to do for this recipe is brown your pork chops, chop your veggies, throw everything in your slow cooker with some seasonings and let it cook for 8 hours. Top it with some parmesan cheese and dig in!


Thursday, April 3: Here's where the 'kind of' comes into play. After a pretty crazy day my frolleague (you know, friend who's also a colleague) and I were talking about dinner and she said they were having pizza. I instantly sent a text to Scott that simply read, "Pizza." We were both sold. It was perfection.

Friday, April 4: The 'kind of' continues. PawPaw gave us quite a scare and while Scott met him at the hospital, I grabbed the kiddos and went home. The veggie gumbo we were going to have sat a little too long in the slow cooker. It was not pleasant looking. We both snacked that night.

Saturday, April 5: I found this super stuffed potato recipe on Prevention's website and it is ridiculously delicious. I did cheat and use the microwavable baked potatoes because it is already in the upper 80's down here. The idea of running my oven at 425 for an hour just makes me miserable.

The potatoes are stuffed with broccoli, turkey bacon and a cheese sauce that you make yourself. It was definitely filling, especially since we paired it with a salad.

Aaron even had some of this and enjoyed it.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails