Here is what you need:
- 4 chicken cutlets (4 ounces eat), pounded thin.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- Two 8-ounce packages sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Black pepper
Here's what you do:
- To cook all of this at the same time you will either need one large pan or two medium skillets.
- Heat your skillets over medium-low heat.
- While pans are heating put 1/2 cup of the flour in one shallow bowl and your egg substitute in another shallow bowl. Dredge your chicken in the flour and then egg substitute.
- Spray the hot pans with the cooking spray.
- Add chicken to the skillets and cook until golden brown on each side (should be about 4 minutes total, but always check to make sure your chicken is cooked all the way).
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Wipe out your skillets and raise heat to high.
- Spray the skillets with olive oil.
- If you are using two skillets, add one package of mushrooms to each pan. I was able to fit both in my pan.
- Cook mushrooms for 3 minutes without stirring to allow the mushrooms to brown.
- When the mushrooms are browned, combine in one pan (if you are using two skillets), add garlic and season with salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the mushrooms for another minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir in the wine and chicken broth, and bring the sauce to a simmer. You want to simmer this until it has the consistency of a gravy (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon your mixture over the chicken and serve.
This recipe serves four. Nutrition info: Calories 243, Fat 4g, Protein 34g, Carbs 12g, Cholesterol 72mg, Fiber 2g, Sodium 411mg.
I served this over a really yummy parmesan orzo that can be found here (use whole wheat, it's so yummy!)
This is a great weekend meal, but if you have some extra time during the week, you can easily make it then.