So what do Scott and I eat?
- Waffles with peanut butter. Don't knock it until you try it! Now, I know frozen waffles are not the best option, but they work. I prefer to eat the Van's Power Protein Waffles, but since they haven't been BOGO in a while, I'll settle for some homestyle.This is an easy breakfast for me to make while I'm doing Jill's hair in the morning.
- Oatmeal. I usually make oatmeal in the slow cooker and then heat it up at the office. I haven't made any in a while, mainly since it has been a million degrees outside. My favorite is this apple oatmeal, but I also love this banana nut oatmeal. I top both of these with some brown sugar and raisins (for the apple) or blueberries (for the banana).
- Scott normally has grits for breakfast. He's Southern.
- On the weekends we make scrambled eggs (or egg beaters) with a little bit of cheese, some fruit and wheat toast.
- On weekends we sometimes make pancakes with turkey bacon (nom nom nom).
- If there's a long run thrown in the mix, breakfast is usually a protein shake (with a scoop of PB2 in it).
- Another favorite around here is greek yogurt with some granola and fruit on the side.
I'll be adding our snacks this week, too. Stay tuned!