Saturday, July 5, 2014

What's Been Happening Here...

I've been awful about updating (outside of weekly menus). To say that we have been busy would be a gross understatement. But before I get into that, let me tell you the big news...

Drum roll please...

Scott has been promoted to Security Operations Manager. Woo hoo! We had a feeling this was coming, but we didn't want to jinx ourselves. I am extremely proud of him and all of the hard work he has put in to his area. I cannot wait to see him excel in this new position!

Now, back to what we have been up to. I've been training... a lot...


I have on average one race a month (realistically, it's two a month) and a 15k and two half marathons coming up. One of those half marathons is the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I'm doing the glass slipper challenge again and adding the 5k this year. I've been trying to run 3-4 times a week with one of those runs being at minimum 4 miles. I also added some strength training and core work to the mix and I've tweaked my diet a little. I'm really noticing a difference in my time since adding this. 

I also have been going for weekly acupuncture. I like to think that this is helping my running. I know it's helping me overall. I'm not nearly as stressed, and I'm starting to just let things roll off my back a little more. Never in a million years did I think I would enjoy having dozens of needles stuck in me, but I truly do. It's the most relaxing 45 minutes of my week.

Now back to the races. Yesterday, my friend Michelle and I ran the 4 on the Fourth in Oakland. 


It was a nice race through Oakland and Winter Garden. Thank you to all of the people in the neighborhoods that we ran through for allowing us to take over. I finished 17th in my age group and had a pace that was just under 12 minutes. I was pretty pleased with myself. 

The rest of the day we just hung out. Scott had to work, so the kiddos and I played games, made a pie (Aaron's request) and made homemade pizza for dinner. 


It was definitely a relaxing evening. To be perfectly honest, none of us stayed up to watch fireworks. The kiddos went to bed at their normal time and I was in bed not too long after. 

Scott's been pretty busy lately, too. Aside from the promotion he is down almost 60lbs since January. For real. 

He's been doing Couch to 5k to get ready for all of the races we have coming up. I keep telling him he will be passing me on the course soon, but he doesn't believe me. 

Other than that, we are just plugging along. I'll try to update more often. Keep looking for the weekly menus and be sure to check out Scott's blog

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails