Monday, August 3, 2009

Did you want the large?

So big news! Scott had an interview this morning at Disney and officially will be going back to work at the end of the month (cue the choirs of angels)! YAHOO!!!

Ummm now that I've stopped doing the happy dance.... We made ribs last night and they were AWESOME! Scott made up a rub and let them sit with the rub for a few hours before we cooked them in the oven. When they were fork tender (exact words my mother used when describing how to cook these) we put them on the grill with some BBQ sauce. They were amazing and the leftovers were even better today!

Other than the big interview today we had a pretty chill day. Scott and the kids vegged out while I went to Walmart. Oh the joys of Walmart. The one by our house is pretty much a tourist wonderland. I hate it, like truly hate it with the passion of a thousand warriors. When you walk in the door the aisle is lined with Disney-esque t-shirts that every tourist must stop and look at, and then proceed to scream across the store at the rest of their family something that sounds like "Hey you! What size do you want? What? HUH? Large?! WHAT?!" He said large lady give him the large and then get the heck out of my way! And forget it if you need sunblock, seriously. I do however find it humorous because 90% of the people in that aisle will buy the sunblock and only apply it once and have to return to buy aloe because they were not smart enough to buy it the first time. Sigh...tourists...

I tried to make the kiddos another super yummy dinner tonight, but apparently I offended my daughter by offering her chicken. She is now in her fruitarian phase again and refuses to eat pretty much anything other than fruit. Aaron at least humors me and eats whatever I put in front of him. The joys of having toddlers.

Be sure to check out the Multiples blog tomorrow, I'm reviewing Nicole O'Dell's new books which were AMAZING! If you have a "tween" girl you should check it out! Hope you had a great day!

4 comments:

Elle Bee said...

Okay, so I think I'm learning that you are a southern Cali girl! It must be so annoying to live near all that tourism! Ick. I have in laws in Orange County. :o)

SouthernDogwoods said...

So funny about Walmart being like Disney tourist heaven. I never thought about it.
Yay for the new job and at Disney - how cool!

monica said...

That is funny about the Disney stuff in Wal Mart. Yay for the ribs! We also have our favorite homemade rub for ribs and oven bake them and then BBQ it. They taste so good!! Yes picky eaters are hard to deal with. Yay for the job at Disney!!

Lani said...

They drive me nuts in the grocery store when I'm just trying to get my shopping done but a I can't get through the aisle because there's a family of 17 gawking over the varieties of gd salad dressing. I guess that the price we pay to live by Disney:) Yayyyyyy for Scott (and you all!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails