My friend Jenn's son's birthday party was this weekend and he is the truffle king. Anytime he comes to our house he asks if I have any of those chocolate things in my fridge. I made up my mind to make him special truffles for his birthday and boy did I succeed! I got the recipe for these Oreo truffles from my sister Cathy, I have a feeling that hers looked better though. I used two types of melting chocolate, dark and white, and the white didn't work out so well. Naturally those are the ones I remembered to take a picture of.
Here's what you need:
- 1-1/2 lbs Double Stuff Oreos (package and a half)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 package melting chocolate for dipping
What to do:
- Place cookies in a zippered bag and crush into tiny pieces (you can use your hands or a rolling pin)
- Put the crushed cookies in a mixing bowl and add the cream cheese
- Use a hand mixer and blend them together
- Place dough in fridge for about an hour to let the dough chill (makes it easier to roll)
- Form the dough into little balls
- Dip each ball into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to cool
- Once chocolate has cooled place the truffles in a bag or container and refrigerate.