Friday, June 4, 2010

Dishwasher update

Paw Paw sent me a text last night telling me to check Whirlpool's site because my dishwasher may be on the recall list. I cannot tell you how excited I was to see that because recall immediately translates to brand spankin' new dishwasher. I felt like one of those crazy Powerball people when the jackpot is really high, I was quadruple checking my numbers and sure enough...D....U...1 HOLLAR! Ring a ding ding!

I may or may not have thrown a fist pump (a la Jersey Shore) in the air when I saw that the first three matched. Now it came to the real test, did the serial number match? I entered it, answered their questions and began to have my doubts. They were asking if you had any parts fixed before 2004. 2004?! What about 2008???? Maybe mine was made in 2004 and has just been chilling at Lowe's? I hit enter and waited.....

And waited.....

And waited....

Nope, not recalled. Just busted with a part that is nowhere to be found. I didn't realize motherboards would take this long. Maybe it's still in China? Or on a cargo ship coming from China by way of Somalia and it's been hijacked by pirates and they are in hostage negotiations?

I would totally buy that excuse. It is so much more believable than any I've been given by the fine people of Lowe's.

They totally have the motherboard on that dingy little boat....

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

I totally wanted my busted dishwasher to be on the recall list too..no go for me either! Though our Wii got fixed that way...I knew my luck could not hold out that long!

Related Posts with Thumbnails