Friday, September 10, 2010

Blog for a Cure Party

My friend Lani is hosting her, what's becoming annual, Blog for a Cure Party that helps the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Here's her story:



Well.. it's that time of year again. Fall is upon us, I am training for a half marathon, and I am once again going to shamelessly promote my upcoming blog event, the Blog For A Cure Blog Party. I began this journey last year, when I found out that a family member had been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She is someone just like you and me- a mom with a husband and beautiful young daughter. An active, healthy woman. And a really, really good person.I was floored. She began a rigorous treatment regimen of chemotherapy, and is still fighting her battle. It is one that can never be truly won, but she continues to fight. I am in awe of her strength, and it inspired me to want to fight, too.

Then came Team in Training. It's a really great fundraising program in which participants support their loved ones who are fighting cancer by training for and completing an endurance event, while raising funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It's a big commitment; I have to raise $1,750.00 by Dec 7th. And since I do happen to have 2 year old triplets and a gull time (outside of the home) job, I find that fundraising online is the most effective way to fit it into my schedule, since I can do it from home.

Last year I organized the first "Blog For A Cure" fundraiser, and it ended up raising almost 1,000 dollars. This year, I have worked even harder to get some fabulous prizes to give away to the participants, and I want to reach $2,000.00. I think with the support of my online community, that goal can and will be reached!

~Lani

*********************************

Starting the 13th head over to Who Knew Reviews to see what awesome (and they really are awesome) giveaways Lani has lined up. You can always donate ahead of time by visiting her Team in Training Page. For more information please visit Who Knew Reviews, Triplets Who Knew or Multiples and More.

Let's help Lani surpass her goal this year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails