Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chicken Noodle Salad


I'm playing along with the lovely Heather of Life As We Know It. She just started a new blog hop called What's Cookin' Wednesday, so I thought I would share Scott's favorite summer recipe: Chicken Noodle Salad.


Here's what you need:
  • 2 carrots, diced, or you can use a handful of the matchstick carrots
  • 2 stalks celery, peeled and diced
  • 1 red, green or yellow bell pepper, diced (I started using sweet peppers and Scott says they are better in the salad than the bell peppers. I use about 6 sweet peppers since they are small)
  • 2 cups small pasta noodles, whole wheat preferably, cooked
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, in a pinch use canned chicken
  • 3 cups romaine lettuce
  • Grape tomatoes (optional)

What to do:
Simple, toss it all together!

Here's the dressing I put on it:

Honey BBQ Ranch Dressing
  • 4 tablespoons low fat Ranch dressing
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
  • 1 tablespoon honey

Whisk together and pour over salad.

This is a perfect lunch option in the summer, it's really light and really fulfilling all at the same time. Enjoy!

1 comment:

twinkietotmom said...

Thanks for being the "official" first to link up ;) Like I said, totally making this on Friday for lunch...looks super easy & yummy just the same! I hope you'll join What's Cookin' Wednesday again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails