I'm playing along with the lovely Heather of Life As We Know It. She just started a new blog hop called What's Cookin' Wednesday, so I thought I would share Scott's favorite summer recipe: Chicken Noodle Salad.
Here's what you need:
- 2 carrots, diced, or you can use a handful of the matchstick carrots
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and diced
- 1 red, green or yellow bell pepper, diced (I started using sweet peppers and Scott says they are better in the salad than the bell peppers. I use about 6 sweet peppers since they are small)
- 2 cups small pasta noodles, whole wheat preferably, cooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, in a pinch use canned chicken
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- Grape tomatoes (optional)
What to do:
Simple, toss it all together!
Here's the dressing I put on it:
Honey BBQ Ranch Dressing
- 4 tablespoons low fat Ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
Whisk together and pour over salad.
This is a perfect lunch option in the summer, it's really light and really fulfilling all at the same time. Enjoy!