Friday, September 23, 2011

Missing: No Armed Woody


Aaron has a thing about taking his Woody and Buzz figurines with him whenever we go out, so I was not surprised when he had them yesterday when we went to the grocery store. Here's the thing though, he also has a habit of dropping one or both of them while we are out.

So here we are at the store going up and down the aisles. I've already picked up Woody twice and put him back in the cart with Aaron, reminding him each time that he's probably going to lose him. What do I know though? I'm just the Mom.

We get checked out, head to the car, and start unloading everything. This is when I notice Woody is gone. Aaron is already starting to freak out and I'm left with this decision: Do I leave my groceries in my hot car while I go up and down every aisle and the check out lane to see if I can find Woody, or do we go home and I call to report it missing. I went with option 2 like any other bitchy Mom trying to prove a point. Aaron cried the whole way home and for about 5 minutes once we were home. I explained to him that this is what happens when you throw your toys out of the cart.

I did call the store to report Woody missing and see if he had been turned in. Here's how that conversation went:

Me: Hi, we were in the store this morning and I think my son lost his toy while we were there. I was just checking to see if anything had been turned in.
Customer Service: Nothing has been turned in, but I can take your information.
Me: Ok, here's my number and the toy is a Woody figurine.....with no arms.
(awkward pause)
Customer Service: I'm sorry, did you say no arms?
Me: Yup, no arms.
Customer Service: Well...um...that will make him easy to identify I guess.

Needless to say we have not heard about Woody yet. I'm thinking we will need to replace him, but you know, with arms.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails