Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Thursday

For those of you that don't know what Thanksgiving Thursday is, it is the one time during the week where you stop and basically count your blessings. Even if you've had one of those weeks, I promise you can find at least one thing to be thankful for, no matter how big or small.

This week I am thankful for:
  • Scott having Christmas off this year! I honestly cannot tell you the last time (if ever) he has had Christmas Day off.
  • The funny things coming out of Aaron's mouth. He told me we have penguins in our freezer and that's how we get ice. Makes sense.
  • My girls day today with Jill. We have to get her sized for her flower girl dress this morning and we are going to make a whole morning/early afternoon of it. I love one on one time with my little miss.
  • Kids who really get the meaning of the season. We were talking about Christmas dinner and both asked for birthday cake for baby Jesus. No, we will not be blowing out 2011 candles.
  • Kids who are genuinely excited for Christmas this year. This is the first year I think they really get it and I cannot wait until Christmas morning.
  • Mimi being on the mend. She will not be home for Christmas, but at least she is getting closer to coming home!
  • Paw Paw letting me take the reigns with Christmas dinner.
  • My parents who can always give me a laugh when I call, and who can find battery chargers for the crazy amount of batteries we will need this Christmas.
  • Only two more nights of having to think of places for Boyd the elf to go. I'm tapped out people.
  • Mornings outside all week. The weather has been amazing! Granted, I think it's a bit warm for Christmas, but I'll take it over the 20 degrees my parents have.
  • A short, but great, visit with Aunt Bettye and Cousin Karyn. The kids haven't seen them since they were only a few months old.
  • Training for a half marathon, this will hopefully keep the extra pounds off from all of the cookies I plan on stuffing my face with this weekend.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails