Monday, July 16, 2012

Life Well Lived Looking Your Best Answer: How to Give, Ask For or Receive Style Advice‏

I'm participating in another Life Well Lived post from BlogHer. The question this week is:

Have you ever asked for or given style advice to a friend or family member? How did it go? What are your best tips for having this delicate style conversation without creating hurt feelings?

Even though my sister is in Chicago, I will still ask her opinion on clothes, makeup, hair, you name it. 9 times out of 10 if I'm looking for a specific outfit I will text her a photo from the dressing room asking her opinion. Why do I ask my sister? Because she'll be honest with me, and you always need someone that will tell you that, yes, that dress makes your butt look big. 

Style advice is such a hard topic to handle, and I'm not really a good person to go to when asking if something looks good. I can't lie well when it comes to that. You can pretty much see it on my face if I don't like it. It's hard to soften the blow sometimes, but in the end, I would rather someone I know and love tell me it doesn't look right then some stranger at a party or a restaurant. 

Join in the discussion over at BlogHer and be sure to check out all of the discussions in the Life Well Lived section. While you're there take a minute and enter the Life Well Lived sweepstakes

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails