Saturday, December 8, 2012

Santa Fun Run 5K

My friend Michelle and I ran our second 5K together, the Rotary Club's Santa Fun Run 5K.  The first 150 runners received a Santa suit to run in and believe me, we were hoping to be 151 and 152.  Unfortunately we were numbers 93 and 108.  

While we were getting ready to start the race a girl in a tutu was standing next to us and Michelle and I had just been talking about the princess half and how maybe we will wear tutus or sparkly skirts. So Michelle asked the girl, "Where did you get that tutu? It's so cute!" and ready for this? The girl giggled and said, "Oh a sex shop. It's part of my Halloween costume, I was a Phoenix rising." The fact that I remember the last part of that sentence shocks me. I think our mutual response was "Oh uh huh." .

While we were running (away from the Phoenix) the Rotary Club seemed to have a few activities for the kiddos. Aaron got to check out this puppet:


While we were running at one point we looked at each other and said, "Um, shouldn't we be farther along than we are?" The signs totally threw us off because when we passed the 2 mile marker we weren't that far from the finish line (which we didn't know at the time). We were really bummed because we thought we were going to finish with a longer time than the Turkey Trot. Thankfully, we were surprised when we saw the finish line and we may or may not have picked up the pace.


Our official time was 37:46 which is 5:11 shorter than our Turkey Trot time. We aimed for 37 and we hit it. I could not be happier!


After the race, Jill wanted to wear my Santa getup. She does look pretty adorable.


I have to say, I was hesitant about running in a Santa suit, but seeing all the other people when we started running and seeing how totally silly it was made it all worth it!



1 comment:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Heee-larious about the tutu! Ick!!!

Glad you (otherwise) had a great race!

Related Posts with Thumbnails