Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam

Seldom do I write about religion on here, however, today was an exceptionally amazing day and I had to write down my feelings. Today, 115 cardinals elected a new Pope to lead the Catholic church. Pope Francis I is the first Jesuit and non-European Pope.

I was at work when I saw the tweets pouring in that there was white smoke coming from the chimney. I literally jumped out of my chair to watch it. Then I was on "Pope watch" to see when he would be revealed. The joy I felt when I saw Pope Francis I on the balcony cannot even be described. I pray he is what we need and trust that the cardinals were moved through the Spirit to make this decision.



O God, the Shepherd and Ruler of all Your faithful people, mercifully look upon Your servant Francis, whom You have chosen as the chief Shepherd to preside over Your Church. We beg You to help him edify, both by word and example, those over whom he has charge, that he may reach everlasting life together with the flock entrusted to him. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails