Thursday, March 14, 2013

Washington's Crossing of the Potomac Version 2.0

I'm going to a conference in DC this summer and this past week my sister said she wanted to join me in the lovely land of cherry blossoms and politicians. Apparently, I need a chaperone (her words), which translates to her wanting to go on vacation (my words). Now, if you've read this blog for any amount of time you can already see how this girls trip could quickly turn into a matter of national security. I'm not even exaggerating.

Exhibit One:


This simple image then turned into an email thread about borrowing ice buckets so the water would be accurate and having an officer in the US Coast Guard (who shall remain nameless) there to save us when we inevitable jump into the water fall overboard.

Exhibit Two:


The tweet my sister put up after I posted the above photo. What's scary is that she will actually try and locate a hat, flag and oars. 

Exhibit Three:


I received this message today from Cathy. DC, you have been warned, the Bednarek girls are crossing the Potomac.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails