Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Truffula Tree Cupcakes

Yesterday I gave you a step-by-step of my Lorax cupcakes, so today I will show you how I made the Truffula Trees.

I bought the majority of my supplies at JoAnn's in that baking aisle that I should just own. I bought lollipop sticks that had strips (from Wilton) and really adorable pale green polka dot cupcake liners. I sent Scott out on Saturday to buy some cotton candy.

After the cupcakes cooled I mixed up some green frosting. Again, this is something you will have to play with to get the color just right. I used a round tip to pipe on the frosting and then placed the stick in the middle of the cupcake. After I pulled some of the cotton candy and placed it on top of the stick. I was really surprised at how well this stuck to the stick.


You can see the lollipop sticks in the background (you can also see a dozen or so Matchbox cars).  After doing this I remembered that the cotton candy would probably dry out, so I pulled all of it off (maybe sampled it?) and waited until the party to replace it. 


Of the two cupcakes, I thought this was the easiest by far. I'm so glad I accepted the challenge to make them myself!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails