Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was the first day of kindergarten for my kiddos. Scott and I were both home to take them in on their very first day.

Getting them in to the school itself was quite the ordeal. There were so many people, which obviously is to be expected. I would also like to point out this is my first ever experience with public school and I'm not adjusting well. For real.

Jillian walked in front of us down the hall to her class. She acted like she didn't even need us there. I was able to get a hug and kiss out of her, but Scott only got a high five and thumbs up. She's apparently a big girl now.

Aaron on the other hand was not a fan of his first day of school and started screaming and crying when it was time to go in. I had immediate flash backs to my first day of first grade.

They were also pretty hilarious today.  While we were waiting to go in Aaron asked why I didn't put sheets in his backpack and I reminded him there are no naps in kindergarten. His response? WHAT?! Needless to say he was pretty pooped by the end of the day.

I still cannot believe I have kids that are in kindergarten. This will be quite the adjustment for Mama.

I hope all of you had a great first day of school as well!

1 comment:

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Glad you survived their first day! We have one more week of summer... I'm trying not to panic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails