Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Thursday - Thanksgiving Edition


For those of you that don't know what Thanksgiving Thursday is, it is the one time during the week where you stop and basically count your blessings. Even if you've had one of those weeks, I promise you can find at least one thing to be thankful for, no matter how big or small.

Today, though, it is a reflection back on a year of blessings.

This year I am thankful for:

  • Scott who does so much for us every day. Some of it may seem to go unnoticed, but believe me, I always notice when he helps me throughout the day. I am thankful that he makes dinner every night during the week, that he takes the kiddos to school, that he is always there to listen and offer advice, that he is there when I just need someone to lean on. I love you and am thankful for you every day.
  • Aaron who is my cuddle bug, my helper, my running buddy, my joke teller and one of my biggest blessings.
  • Jillian who is my silly girl, my artist, my helper and one of my biggest blessings.
  • Family that is all around us. I am so thankful to have so many members of our families with us and thankful for the moments we have together. 
  • A roof over our heads, food in our pantry and all of the other luxuries that we have. These are normally taken for granted and it is so important to be thankful for these.
  • Those who cannot be home for Thanksgiving because they are protecting us (especially my nephew Alex!) by serving in the armed forces. 
  • Both of our jobs. We are lucky enough to both be employed and to provide for our family.
  • Our friends who have turned into our family.
  • Our health. It has been a crazy year with all of the strep that has hit this house, but in the grand scheme of things we are lucky to have only minor illnesses. 
  • My running  buddy who pushes me every week and makes sure that I'm not slacking. 
  • Great coworkers. I seriously work with the best group of people I have ever worked with. They completely embody the word 'team' and I am grateful.
I'm sure I forgot some things, there is definitely a lot to be thankful for this year. What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails