Sunday, December 15, 2013

Reindeer Run

Saturday, Michelle and I ran the Vanessa Welch Reindeer Run 5K.  We planned on this just being a fun run, but actually ended up beating our best time by almost 3 minutes. That's pretty freakin' exciting if you ask me.

The run itself went through SeaWorld and was one of the loudest runs I've ever participated in. I'm pretty sure 75% of the 4500 runners had on jingle bells.

The coolest part? Well, there were a couple. 1) The man in the photo that ran as Buddy the elf. 2) The snow that they had, it was pretty awesome.

Like I mentioned above, Michelle and I PR'ed on this run in a big way and we can in sub 40 minutes, something we have been shooting for. Yahoo!

After our race all of the kiddos ran in the Rudolph Run, which had various distances based on age groups. Aaron and Jillian ran 200 yards and Michelle's son ran 400.

Jillian acted like she was a pro runner and spent at least 10 minutes stretching out in a similar way that all of the other runners were.

The kids races were pretty cute. They separated the boys from the girls, which Aaron was not a fan of, he thought he was going to be able to run with his sister.

Jillian clipped along like a true pro and looks like one of those girls that you hate when you see them running. Her hair flowed perfectly, it was disgusting (in a I'm just super jealous kind of way).

Aaron, like I mentioned, was pretty peeved that he couldn't run with his sister and he was not a happy camper when he came to the finish. He did great though and didn't give up.

Each of them received a finisher's ribbon and a whale tail that they now have hanging with all of my medals.

We all had a great time and I am so glad we were all able to do this together.

Thank you to all the volunteers and organizers that made this run so much fun!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails