Sunday, January 12, 2014

Do Not Sit By Me...No, Really.

Jillian has strep...again...Seriously, I feel like I write this post as least once a month. Anyway, she's on antibiotics, again, and I'm going to talk to her pediatrician about yanking her tonsils.

But, I had to tell you this to tell you about what happened in the pharmacy while we were waiting for her antibiotics. Jillian and I were just sitting there, minding our own business and here comes this woman with a medical mask on. My eyes get huge because I instantly know she has the flu. I shoot her my "if you sit next to me I will cover you in Purell" look and Jillian asks why she has a mask on. I told her that it's to keep her from spreading germs. This is around the time the woman lost her shiz.

So, her husband is in line to drop off her prescription and she starts talking on her phone. "I have the FLU! I have a fever of 102.4, I have to miss 4-5 days of work." Okay, here's where I give the "you gotta be kidding me" look. I don't want to hear you complain about a 102.4 fever. Until you have a child with a fever of 105 that is seizing, and the only way to reduce her fever is to give her a shot, I don't want to hear you complain about a "high fever." Furthermore, I don't want to hear you calling at least four different people to tell them that you have the flu, we get it and trust me, the pharmacists heard you and are working a whole lot faster on yours to get you and your flu germs out of here.





End of rant. Thankfully, Jillian's prescription was ready and we were able to leave. I definitely scrubbed my hands and followed that with some Purell.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails