Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pig on the Pond

I know you're expecting to see a "What My Family Ate For Dinner Post" but uh...well...you see it was a busy week. Scott and I were at a conference (I ran it, he presented) and I'm pretty sure the only thing we made all week was spaghetti. So there ya go.

Yesterday I ran the Pig on the Pond Rib Run 5k. I actually scored a free registration from one of the sponsors, (thank you Jessica!) but I had planned on registering for this one anyway.

Since it was a "Rib Run" lots of runners were dressed as pigs. The cutest costume I saw though was the couple that ran as Kermit and Miss Piggy.

I did miss having my running buddy with me. It's just not the same running with earbuds in.

The kiddos arrived shortly after the race and we had some time to hang out before Jill's performance. Uncle Bob, Aunt Vanessa, Mimi and Paw Paw all braved the chilly morning to come out and hear our little gem sing.

She did such a good job and was all smiles while she was on stage!

To congratulate her on her performance we all went for brunch at one of our favorite places.

I think next year we will try and spend some more time over at Pig on the Pond. This was actually our first time checking it out. I know Scott would love just talking to all of the BBQ experts that are there.

Hope you're having a great weekend so far and that you remembered to "spring forward" last night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails