Saturday, April 26, 2014

What My Family Ate for Dinner - Week 8

Another week and maybe another week of not the best eating.

Here's what my family ate for dinner this week:

Sunday, April 20: Easter! We had a late lunch of ham, green beans, potato wedges and birds nest cupcakes.

I got the idea for the cupcakes from a friends Facebook post. It was actually a cake and the directions were in Italian. I brushed off my three semesters of Italian and did my best to translate the directions.

For the cupcake version I cheated and used boxed cake mix and canned frosting. I used chocolate sprinkles to create the "nest" and cadbury robin's eggs for the eggs. They were delicious and the perfect dessert for Easter.

Monday, April 21: My favorite part about Easter is the leftovers. I always make hot ham and cheese sandwiches. I put them on King's Hawaiian rolls and made a side of roasted asparagus. Yum!

Tuesday, April 22: Mexican Quinoa Bowl. This has quickly become on of Scott's favorite dishes. We love it the next day, too, which is always a plus!

Wednesday, April 23: It was my birthday so we went out to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Abuelo's. I had my favorite, the carnita enchilada and maybe a margarita...or two.

Thursday, April 24: I had an acupuncture appointment (I KNOW!), so we did leftovers.

Friday, April 25: I met my friend Michelle for dinner at Chili's to celebrate my birthday.

Saturday, April 26: We were supposed to have turkey burger casserole tonight, however, we were in the garage doing a lot of work (you know, when it's 90 degrees), so we opted to have pizza brought in instead.

It's not the worst menu we've had, but it's not the best. I should mention this does not include the various birthday lunches I was treated to. I have a lot of green goodness in my future to flush out all of this!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails