Monday, May 26, 2014

Celebrating 8 years

Scott and I celebrated our anniversary this weekend. I seriously cannot believe it has been 8 years.  Mimi and PawPaw took the kiddos for the night and we were able to dress up for a night out.

Funny story about my dress, I snagged it at Target that morning with Jillian in tow. When I tried it on she asked if the M on it stood for Mommy. I think that's pretty adorable.


Every year we pick a Disney restaurant to have dinner at since we met and were married there. We actually repeated a restaurant this year and went to Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We went there on our third anniversary and loved it so much that we had to go again. 


Dinner was amazing, as expected. We even spent some time walking around the resort and were able to sit on the rocking chairs and look out over the savanna. 

While dinner was great, I have to say my favorite part of the weekend was our morning run on Sunday. Yes, both of us went on a run together. Scott began the couch to 5k program on Saturday, so this was his second day. 

I took him to my favorite trail and we took off (or as he will tell you, I took off). We did a complete 5k even though his day 2 only took him to just over 2 miles. I am so proud of him for taking on this challenge, not just the couch to 5k challenge, but the whole healthier lifestyle challenge. I mean seriously, look at the photo of him above, there is a noticeable difference. 


After our run we went to our favorite breakfast place for omelets. All in all it was a great way to celebrate our anniversary.

I cannot believe we are approaching 8 years. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails