Saturday, May 10, 2014

What My Family Ate For Dinner - Week 10

Another week in the books over here. With school winding down and it being so flippin' hot outside, meals are getting interesting to say the least.

Here's what my family ate for dinner this week:

Sunday, May 4: We went to EPCOT to celebrate the kiddos birthday and I was hoping our gigantic lunch would hold everyone over and we could get by with snacks. Then I remembered my son. So we ordered a pizza on the way home. Not healthy, but ridiculously delicious.

Monday, May 5: Aaron and Jillian were able to pick wherever they wanted to go for their birthday dinner. Being Cinco de Mayo babies, they chose Chuy's. I'm so proud! Scott and I split the fajitas for two and then remembered that we should really just split one order.

Tuesday, May 6: I had acupuncture, so it was every man, woman and child for themselves.

Wednesday, May 7: I found this crazy delicious (and EASY) recipe on Skinny Mom. It's skinny sausage and peppers. Now, being from Chicago, I LOVE sausage and peppers, especially when the tomato sauce is scalding your hand as it runs out of the bun. Oooooh so good. However, since this was a skinny recipe, no bun. To be honest, you don't need it. The only change we made was we used chicken sausage instead of turkey. It saved some calories.

Thursday, May 8: Another Skinny Mom recipe - Sour Cream Enchiladas. Seriously, I don't know what it is about this dish that makes it so delicious.

Friday, May 9: Quinoa Spaghetti with turkey meatballs. Yeah, quinoa spaghetti. I tried the Simply Balanced spaghetti from Target. It's gluten free and made with a bunch of yummy stuff, including quinoa (can you tell I like to say quinoa?). I paired it with their roasted vegetable sauce and some turkey meatballs.

Saturday, May 10: Aaron really wanted chicken kiev's, like to the point he asked Scott to take a
picture of him in front of them at Publix. His wish was granted and I'm pretty sure he thanked me a dozen or so times.

I hope you enjoy and to all my fellow Momma's out there, enjoy your day tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails