Saturday, May 31, 2014

What My Family Ate For Dinner - Week 13

One of the things I love about this weekly post is that it keeps us honest. Scott is on a huge weight loss journey and it has caused us to completely reevaluate what we eat. Never in a million years did I think we would eat the way we are now (that's not to say we were unhealthy eaters before).  It's amazing to see the growth these past 13 weeks. I cannot wait to see where we go from here!

Now on to why you're really here...

This is what my family ate for dinner this week...

Sunday, May 25: We celebrated Memorial Day a day early since Scott had to work. We had a late lunch of turkey burgers, turkey hot dogs, beans, chips and salsa, fruit salad, veggies and apples. It's safe to say we burned a lot of that off in the pool.
Black Bean Burrito Bowl

Monday, May 26: I made black bean burrito bowls and oh my word. They were DELICIOUS! They are so easy to make, too. You can either use quinoa or brown rice, black beans, and literally whatever veggies you want. It's that simple. 

Tuesday, May 27: (Happy anniversary to us!) This recipe is what I like to call stupid simple. It's BBQ chicken melts that literally takes zero time to prep and make. How did I not think of this sooner?

Wednesday, May 28: Aaron is on a noodle kick, so we made shrimp alfredo with broccoli. I think he ate 3 servings. No, really. I just used the Bertolli light alfredo, frozen shrimp, broccoli and whole wheat penne. That simple.

BBQ Chicken Melt
Thursday, May 29: Another Aaron request...Jambalaya. I cannot find the andouille sausage I like at my Target, so I swapped it for chicken sausage. Um, yum! Again, I was lucky I had any of this. Aaron gobbled it all up.

Friday, May 30: Uncle Bob, Aunt Vanessa and sweet baby Jaxson were in town, so we brought in Giordano's. I'm proud to say I can still hold a baby and eat at the same time. Momma's still got it!

Saturday, May 31: Shrimp Boil. That's all I need to say. It is SO good and we just gobble it up. 

I hope you enjoy all of these recipes as much as we did!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails