Monday, September 1, 2014

Holiday Weekends: Pools, Cheesecakes and Irish Pubs

I don't know about you, but I love a good long weekend. I actually was able to scoot out of work early on Friday, which made it an even longer weekend.

Friday night I met up with my friends Jesi and Amy. I haven't seen them in a month and it was a long overdue girls night complete with cheesecake.

That counts as carb loading before a long run, right?

It was so fantastic to have a moment to catch up with my girls. I cannot wait to have our next girls night/outing.

Saturday morning, as I eluded to, included a long run. I have a half marathon coming up at the end of October and it's definitely approaching a lot faster than I expected.

I have been upping my game in the training department. I really want to crush my best time (3:18) and ultimately come in sub 3 hours. I'm back on my 3-4 runs a week, cross training with walking on inclines and doing strength training. It's a lot and I'm really lucky to have an awesome support system. Now if we could just work on the humidity...

Saturday wasn't just about my long run, it also included an afternoon with Alex and Jenna. I'm so excited that Alex is stationed closer to us and cannot wait for more visits (you know, after those pesky deployments).

We had lunch at Raglan Road over at Downtown Disney. I love this restaurant, it's seriously one of my favorites.

The kiddos were pretty much attached to Alex and Jenna the entire time. Aaron even drew Alex a picture. .

The rest of the weekend was pretty much spent poolside. It's a tough life, isn't it?

I hope you are having a fantastic holiday weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails