Sunday, March 8, 2009

A little of this, and a lot of that...

It's gonna be a long one, so buckle up! Yesterday we went to Party Flavors to order the cake for the kids birthday, it's going to be awesome, that's all I have to say! Scott had to work last night, so nothing else really interesting happened. I did find a new table and chairs though, under $500, how exciting! Today we went to the farmers market and Lani had our CD with the photos from Clearwater. They came out awesome, and I can't wait to see them when they are "fixed". I wonder if Johnna came make me tan, because boy do I blend in...Then we ran to Target today and got the kids a new toy. We got them a push toy from Playskool (which they have on sale for $18, and that was my shameless plug for the day) and Jill loves to push it, and is pretty good at it which is scary. Aaron wasn't too sure on the whole pushing thing, but he did like to sit on it and yell at his sister when she would come close. Below is some video and a few pictures...

And if this blog wasn't long enough...one more thing, I promise!


Lani and Melissa both nominated me for Mom of the year. It's a blog award and here are the rules:

1. admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. get it off your shoulders. once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. it's over with, it's in the past. remember, you're a good mom!

2. to remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. these are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!

I would have to say the one thing I feel awful about is that if they are melting down I put in a Baby Einstein, no questions asked. I tend to take the easy way out with that because I know it will give me 30 minutes of no whining. I guess there are worse things in life, but I tend to feel guilty during those 30 minutes, like I'm not spending enough time with them or doing something constructive with them.

And my seven things...
1) I love the looks on their faces first thing in the morning. Jill leans over to see down the hall and Aaron is now peeking around the corner to see who is coming to get them. I love the smiles, claps and bounces I get when I walk in the door.
2) I love that Aaron cuddles with me and Jill gives me kisses, wet drool kisses, but kisses none the less!
3) I love all the new things they are doing, and watching them do things for the first time and just how excited they get. I feel so proud when they are excited that they did something new!
4) I love that Jill will hum with me in the car and then Aaron will join in almost like he's saying "A little off key there Mom!"
5) I love bath time, even though I end up soaked, I love it! I love watching them play and splash!
6) I love bedtime, not for the obvious reason, but because they will just cuddle with you, I think I am going to miss that the most when they are older.
7) I just love them, plain and simple! I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant, and to find out I was having two was such a huge blessing! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Now my nominees...
Melissa, Lani, April, Nicole and Cheryl

Thanks for making it all the way to the end! Hope you had a great day and adjusted to daylight savings, wish I did!

2 comments:

Lani said...

Those pics came out awesome!!! I'm glad you guys decided to be in them too!

Melissa said...

Great pics..she did a great job! The one of them on the beach with their backs to the camera is my fave:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails