Friday, February 21, 2014

What My Family Ate for Dinner This Week - Week 2

Apparently this post helps others with their meal planning for the week, so I'm doing this a little early. I'm running the Glass Slipper Challenge this weekend, so it's a short week.

Here's what my family ate for dinner this week...

Sunday, February 16: We cheated and went out to one of our favorite restaurants, Abuelo's.

Scott and I both had enchiladas. He was healthier than I was and had chicken with a ranchero sauce. I was not so good and had a chicken and carnita enchilada. Ooooh carnita enchiladas...

Monday, February 17: Shepherd's Pie

I found this lighter version of Shepherd's Pie on Skinnytaste.


I changed it up a little bit and made it with ground turkey instead of ground beef. Aaron gobbled this up. The recipe says it makes 6 servings, but it seriously made more than that.

Tuesday: MOM's Minestrone

I love to make this recipe in a huge batch and freeze it. It really freezes well and is the perfect last minute meal. Serve it up with some garlic bread and it's pure bliss!

Wednesday: Turkey Hot Dogs

I know, not super healthy, but Aaron did request them.

Thursday: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs

Did I mention I'm racing this weekend? Enough said.

There was nothing glamorous about this menu, but it's all yummy, easy and family friendly.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails