Saturday, March 1, 2014

What My Family Ate for Dinner - Week 3

This was a crazy week for us. I ran over the weekend and have been prepping for a conference all week, so we needed a bunch of simple recipes that were still fairly healthy.

In case you haven't checked in with Southern Fried Fat Guy, Scott is still doing extremely well with his weight loss!

Here's what we ate:

Sunday, February 23: Teppan Eddo


No, it's not the name of a dish, it's the name of a restaurant in EPCOT. It's a hibachi style restaurant that serves super delicious Japanese food. We were there celebrating Cathy's birthday.

Scott and I both had the chicken and shrimp, Aaron had shrimp (yeah) and Jillian had chicken. Everyone even ate with chopsticks. Well, Jill didn't, but Aaron did. He did an amazing job and didn't ask for his fork once!



Monday, February 24: Dirty Rice with Smoked Turkey Sausage

This was a request from Aaron. Sometimes something really simple is the best meal you can have. All I did was make some Zatarains Dirty Rice mix and add some Jennie-O Smoked Turkey Sausage. Add a veggie on the side and your meal is complete!

Tuesday, February 25: Quinoa Chicken Chili

This is a favorite for Scott and I. One serving is only 214 calories and is packed with protein. My favorite part? All you have to do is put it in the crock pot and walk away. So simple!

Wednesday, February 26: Ground Turkey Tacos

This was another Aaron request. I usually make my tacos with ground turkey instead of beef. Sometimes I use meatless crumbles (like Quorn) or I shred chicken. This is another easy weeknight meal that you can pack with veggies (lettuce, tomato, salsa, etc.).


Thursday, February 27: Pepperoni Chicken

O.M.G. This was SO delicious! I found this recipe on one of my favorite sites, SkinnyMom and cannot wait to make it again! Each serving is 211 calories. We paired it with some steamed broccoli and it was perfect!

Friday, February 28: Turkey Burger Casserole


I know, we eat a LOT of this. Aaron gobbled this up, again (think 3 servings).

This is an old photo, not from last night, but we have started taking the tomatoes out. Only Scott eats them. I just add more zucchini to the recipe and then some on the side.





Saturday, March 1: Leftovers

Not exciting, I know.

I hope you enjoy all of these yummy recipes!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails