Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Big 3-0

Taking a cue from one of my favorite sites (Suri's Burn Book, naturally), here is a retrospective on my year, on my 30th birthday:


  • I went on a cruise with a huge chunk of my family. I do not think it was a coincidence that a tropical storm formed upon our return. 
  • I learned to spot an ear and/or sinus infection before a doctor could. I am that good
  • I unsuccessfully judged Olympic gymnastics from my couch. Seriously, I love when you're watching these 70lb girls tumble all over the place and you're like "Wow, that was pretty good" and then the commentator chimes in with "Oh, that's going to cost her some points. Not her best performance". 
  • Earned cool Mom status by taking my kids to see Sharky and Bones from Jake and the Never Land Pirates. 
  • I survived my kiddos going to preschool with minimal tears.
  • I went back to work and was able to communicate in complete sentences.
  • I ran more 5ks in my 29th year of life than all 29 years combined. 
  • I completed my 3rd half marathon...barely.
  • I began an unhealthy relationship with food truck cupcakes. 
  • I ran in a Santa suit because a friend asked me to. That's big people.
  • I was with my Mom as she crossed off something on her bucket list: hearing Gary Sinise at Candlelight.
  • I survived the flu and strep epidemic of 2013.
  • I said goodbye to my Grandma
  • I ran a conference and was complimented by someone from the U.N.
  • I witnessed my second Papal conclave.
  • I learned more from my two 4 year olds than from anyone else in the world.
  • Scott didn't run away screaming.
There you have it in a nutshell. Goodbye 29...hello 30!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails